Self-reflection is about (analyzing and) understanding your thoughts and behaviors.
It is increasing your awareness of yourself.
It is introspection.
Why is introspection important?
We think more than 50,000 thoughts per day,
If we do not take the time and effort to refocus our minds,
We will not give ourselves the opportunity to grow and develop.
We will be circling the same old thoughts,
with the same behaviors.
Another year is passing.
Are we on track with our goals?
I wanted to share some introspective questions to consider as we have this time to sit with ourselves and thoughts.
Because I hope we all reach our goals this year!
Here are 16 introspective questions about: goals, growth, and work.
- Have I accomplished at least one of the resolutions I made in the last year?
- Last year, did I take the time to plan how I would achieve my goals this year?
- Do I have goal deadlines? Are they realistic? Are they motivating?
- What can I do to motivate myself to accomplish my goals this year?
- What can I do to improve the way I communicate with others?
- How have I controlled the direction my life took this year?
- What have I done to improve my self-confidence this year?
- What am I/have I been worried about this year?
- How can I control my self-talk when I experience failure?
- What do I need to change about the way I think of myself this year?
- How can I create more self-confidence for myself this year?
- Am I reaching the career milestones or goals I wanted to this year? If no, why not?
- Would I be pleased with the way I performed at work if I were my manager?
- Am I in the job or on the career path that is truly right for me? If no, why not?
- What is one tangible career goal I can set for myself the rest of the year?
- How can I improve my productivity while working at home?
I hope you find these questions helpful to better understand where you’ve been, where you want to go, and how you’ll get there.